CERTAIN SIGNIFICANT GUIDELINES FOR MUSLIMS
Considering the crisis that has been prevailing in the country the last few days, All Ceylon Jamiyyathul Ulama along with all other Muslim Civil groups have come together and initiated many steps to handle the situation. In relation to this a Representative Group consisting of various Islamic, and Muslim Civil groups has been formed.
Direct interaction with the Higher Officials of the country like the President, Prime Minister and Defense Personals have been made to implement the purpose of the above mentioned collective Representative Group.
It was brought to the notice of everyone of us that the entire Muslim Community as One Body Condemned and rejected the inhuman and barbaric terrorist attacks of 21.04.2019 while extending their fullest co-operation to facilitate Security measures. While Islam gravely condemns such inhuman acts, none could hold the entire Muslim Community responsible for the terrorism of a few mislead persons. Citing this and regarding all Muslims as offenders, harassing them and causing damage to their then and their property is not justifiable in any way.
All Ceylon Jamiyyathul Ulama requests the Muslims of this country to adhere to the following guidelines during this critical period:
- However unjust the situation be, Muslims should maintain a strong bond with Allah while being steadfast in Ibadahs like salah, fasting, twakkul,, dua and istig’far.
- During this dilemma, Muslims should consider the social welfare of everyone, be calm, vigilant and be far-sighted.
- As citizens of this Country, the state is responsible for the safety of the Muslim community and their property. We should all emphasize this to the government. Further, all Muslims should obey the law and order while being vigilant.
- Respect and follow the declared state of Emergency at all times.
- Verify the authenticity of information shared through social media before you share them with other. Also consider the consequences of sharing such information.
- Whatever the unjust situation you may be in, you need to obey the officials of the respective departments.
- Considering the unrest situation in the country, recite qunoot e naazila in the five daily prayers, and recite the brief duas provided by the Jamiyyah.
- As majority of the Sri Lankans wish to maintain friendly communal and social relationships, we need to interact with them in harmony and peace like in the past.
- Communicate with the religious and social leaders of your respective areas to maintain peace and order.
Ash-Sheikh A.C.M. Agar Mohamed
Deputy President - ACJU